Create Your Own Class!
MUSICAL THEATER & DANCE
Want to experience a live, in-person musical theater or dance class in a safe group setting?
Join a Tilles Center Create Your Own Class (CYOC) Program!
For Learning Pods, Homeschoolers, Family & Friend Groups
Classes range from 4-8 weeks, 1.5 hours/class (flexible)
Sing, dance, build confidence! Use your imagination. Have fun with friends in a creative, safe class created by YOU! Your schedule. Your students. Your location!
Meet our instructor, Oya Bangura!
How to CREATE A CLASS:
- One lead parent or teacher is identified as the main contact.
- The main contact works with their Tilles Center instructor and their group members to find a mutually agreeable schedule and location for the classes.
- Classes may take place at Tilles Center (contingent on schedule and state mandates), in a private home or outdoors (weather permitting).
- Classes can range from 4 – 8 weeks and usually take place for 1.5 hours, 1 x per week (this is flexible).
- The CYOC class minimum is 3 students and a maximum of 20 students. All ages and skill levels are welcomed. Groupings of ages 3 – 6; 7 + preferred.
- The main contact may need to designate an adult chaperone from the group for some classes.
- Pricing starts at $175 per child. The main contact is responsible for collecting payment from their group members and paying one registration fee to Tilles Center.
- All classes will culminate in a casual final showing for a small invited audience of family and friends.
- Masks are required by students, adults, and teaching artists at all times
- Instructors are Tilles Center trained teaching artists who have professional theater and dance credentials. Instructors have performed and trained at Madison Square Garden, Lincoln Center, American Ballet Theatre, Brooklyn Academy of Music and more.
READY TO START YOUR CYOC?
Contact Stephanie Turner, Director of Education & Outreach